Minor and major improvements, bug fixes and new features introduced in the latest releases of aclEZ.
See a clear overview of what's new in the latest version.
- New - Automation tag functions have been expanded to include the following tags:
- Fixed – Compatibility with CIAO! has been restored.
- Fixed - Various stability fixes and enhancements have been implemented.
- New – Date filters in flexYgrid columns now contain new date selection picker module.
- New – NAB group and name exploration/selection panels ('Names') now offer additional information columns: 'Full Name', 'NoteID', and 'NAB Filename'.
- New – 'Export to File' feature now provides a default file name when exporting to any format.
- Fixed – Improvements to the EZ Suite installation database and process execution fix installation problems in which some users were unable to install due to target folder restrictions.
- Fixed - Stability enhancements have been added in the Ytria Update utility.
- Fixed – The latest LibXL architecture has been implemented for Excel file export.
- Fixed – flexYgrid panels have gotten general stability enhancements.
- Fixed – Various bug fixes in grid-data Copy (specifically Ctrl + C command) functions were made to remedy the following issues:
1- Erroneous text was displayed ("Exporting selection to file...") in progress dialog when using Ctrl+C in a grid with many rows selected.
2- A memory limitation problem was encountered using Ctrl+C to copy HTML parts to the clipboard.
- Fixed – An issue that occurred when exporting or copying grid data to HTML format resulted in settings of '<b> X </b>' for checked checkbox cells being returned as corrupt has been corrected.
- Fixed/New - Automation tag function fixes have been made for the following tags:
- List and Loop
- ShellExecute (in loop)
- Fixed – Various minor issues with Group and Sort actions on group totals within flexYgrid panels have been corrected.
- Fixed – An issue with the grid status bar summary information incorrectly showing group header row counts has been fixed.
- All products in EZ Suite 16.5 include major changes/improvements to automation language functions, as well as other cross-product enhancements. For more information please see the page "What's New in EZ Suite 16.5?"
- All products in EZ Suite 16 include numerous major changes/improvements, including a complete redesign of data handling/grid mechanics. For more information please see the page "What's New in EZ Suite 16?"
- New -Open Server dialog: Option to save server names in Notes.ini for future reference, as well as manage the list.
- Fixed - Now you can Switch ID or use Full Admin Access after trying to open a database without the proper access rights; single-database products (like scanEZ) will re-open the db, server products (like aclEZ) will keep the db in the tree to re-open.
- Improved -Select a Server dialog: Better management of the ‘Other & list Servers from Passthru Connexion’ documents.
- New - Now you can specify folders to load when selecting a target server to open in the tool, so no need to load them all. You can add folders as well as save a list of folders to re-use (saved in the file YtriaServerFoldersList.txt).
- New - Extended NAB content search: This option adds common name, internet access and mail-in database when checking NAB for group member existence.
- New - Option to find all users who are not in any Groups.
- Fixed - Hitting ‘Enter’ was closing the Group Navigator when focused on the filter’s input field.
- Fixed - New & Rename ACL entries NAB dialog: Now allows the selection of one name only.
- New - Vastly improved version of the Modification Log template.
- Fixed bug: Notes version for ODS 52 is now displayed correctly.
- Fixed bug: Export to Excel from grid with grouping.
- Fixed miscellaneous issues with the export of ACL Flags and Roles
- Fixed bug: Numbers with decimals are now handled correctly. (This was only an issue with version 12.0.5)
- New Options: Append and Add Non-Contiguous in Export dialogue (also available through Automation).
- Switch ID and Full Admin Access improved - now uses saved password.
- Optimized Grid Filter.
- New server tree right-click menu item: 'Refresh'.
- Fixed and improved Automation & Excel Export.
- URL created with https only when required.
- Fixed bug when closing documents.
- Passthru Server type connections are now properly listed in Server list dialogues.
- Improved: 'Select a server' dialog.
- New: 'Recent Server or DB' list is now case insensitive.
- Fixed: 'Create Folder' issue when adding a document to newly created folder.
- Fix: Minor issue when no ACL entries were added or deleted.
- New Edit and Context menu option: 'Apply Change to Selection'.Fixed menu option: 'Restore Saved Agent Properties'.
- Fixed bug: Crash occurred only in IBM Notes 7 and older.
- Added ability to close the Help Center dialog with the 'Esc' key.
- Added new eXtensible Markup Language (XML) scripts to automate processes in the EZ Suite.
- Added new "Load Automation XML" feature option accessible from Server or Database menu.
- Updated java widgets to launch from IBM Notes and IBM Domino Designer.
- Improved Database Selection Filter panel. It now includes Full Path search option.
- Enhanced Server Selection Dialog Box (with QuicK Search, etc.).
- Enhanced NAB Presence Checker and Group Expander with option to include additional NAB databases.
- Improved standard Regular Expression (Regex) and Formula dialog boxes with Show History button and interface. Past Regex and formulas can be selected for use or they can be deleted from the History.
- Enhanced Open Database dialog box with Ctrl+F to find databases on selected servers, sticky display preferences (Title and/or File Name) and F3 key to find next matches.
- Added new distinguishable icon for redirection directories in the Selection Tree for easier identification.
- Improved Quick Search. Query is no longer limited to the sorted column, and allows subsequent selection of any column to conduct the search.
- Added new Set Column Width option enabling the user to define the number of characters to display for the selected column.
- Enhanced grid exporting to copy/paste grid contents in HTML, Rich Text and Simple Text formats in any word editor program or IBM Notes.
- Enhanced group and cell formatting dialog boxes. Custom formatting of dates and numbers can be applied to both groups and cell at the same time from either dialog box.
- Added new Register by Email option for when internet is unavailable.
- Improved YtriaUpdate to handle Windows 7 UAC security restrictions.
- Enhanced Names dialog box with new options.
- Fixed Bug: Optimized code for the grid.
- Added new native Excel options to Grid data exporting, including the use of custom, pre-formatted excel books. Supports both Excel 97-2003 and Excel 2007-2010 output file formats.
- Added new "Search and Replace in Selected ACL Entries" option in right-click menu to find a string in a subset of ACL entries and replace it with another across multiple databases.
- Improved Group Navigator Grid Layout to display [X] only next to entries and groups that are NOT in the NAB.
- Improved Group Navigator editing options with additional accessibility directly from the right-click menu of the main ACL grid.
- Fixed Bug: User's grouping is now retained when switching to a different NAB.
- Fixed Bug: Categories now refresh correctly despite any changes of user selection in the main grid.
- Fixed Bug: Check Member Presence on large NABs no longer pauses after processing.
- Fixed Bug: Correct file path message is now correctly displayed in error (760) dialogue "This database has local access protection (encrypted) and you are not authorized to access it".
- Fixed Bug: Corrected crash caused when a NAB is opened in scanEZ, which is then used by the Group Expander.
- Fixed Bug: Corrected ability to export ACL from server to local database.
- Fixed Bug: Corrected behaviour which set Delete flag when user's access level was changed to Author or higher.
- Added new indication for incorrect flags. They are now highlighted in yellow (usually for No Access items).
- Fixed bug: Invalid entries are now designated with an [X] in the Group Navigator grid without affecting the parent groups.
- Fixed bug: Stored Password management available immediately upon initialization of your Notes Session.
- Fixed bug: Corrected the function 'New ACL Entries' (based on current selection).
- Fixed bug: In cases of multiple administration servers in one ACL, all ACL entries are now cleaned up before removing or setting a new administration server.
- Fixed bug: The NAB Group Navigator now displays an alert when two different groups share the same name.
- Fixed bug: When using Find All, Find First or Find Next, the resulting rows are now displayed in an expanded and visible format.
- Fixed bug: In the Name dialogue's Address Book, loading a new NAB properly resets any current grouping.
- Fixed bug: In the Name dialogue, when closing the Group Member List dialogue, the focus correctly returns to the grid (and not the Server List).
- New Address Book dialogue: includes extensive new search and filtering options.
- New: Added an Exclusion List for Check Member Presence. This list is created in the Notes Data folder (YtriaNABCheckerExcl.txt). If there is # in front of the item to be excluded, it will be interpreted as a regular expression.
- Added new shortcuts to the Main Grid: Shift +, Shift -, +, -, *.
- New Password option: you can now save an empty password for the currently used ID (In menu: Options/ Password Options…).
- Improvement: when using Copy To…( to add/copy ACLs from one database to another ), new message box indicates "successful or failed
- Groups that don't exist in the NAB now show up as red, when Check Member Presence is enabled.
- Optimized various message boxes.
- Added a Server Name column in Grids which feature a Database Name column.
- Group Navigator: implemented Copy To Group, Add Member, and re-implemented Remove From Group. This is accessible through the right-click menu in the Tree and Grid.
- Group Navigator: there now is an option to load the Grid or not.
- Group Navigator: fixed problem when in multi-NAB with 2 groups with the same name, both loading from the same NAB.
- Group Navigator: when editing a group, the Tree and Grid now retain their state.
- Fixed bug: all operations on column Grids now have a progress cursor
- Fixed bug: filter By Members - if the name entered is NOT found then ALL entries are shown.
- Fixed bug: in groups containing blank spaces, the Group Expander was interpreting empty strings as invalid users. Now they are skipped.
- Status of the Roles Grid now updates to indicate "Modified" when checking Roles Association.
- Added a progress bar when loading NAB content for Member Presence.
- New NAB setting: You can now specify separate NABs for Member Presence and Group Expander independently.
- Improved performance while modifying / inserting / selecting rows in the main grid.
- Updated the main menu to have the 'Options' menu just before the 'Help' menu.
- Optimized code in NAB Presence Checker.
- Fixed bug: 'Is Mail Owner in NAB' would continue checking when there was no default NAB.
- Fixed bug: Was unable to change default NAB. "OK" button disabled.
- Fixed bug: When changing default NAB, grouping or sorting by column Members or Hierarchy was lost.
- Fixed bug: Product launched with YtriaLauncher now displays the complete server name.
- Fix a bug with the 'Group Expander' and the ' NAB Presence Checker ': If a group did not exist in the currently processed NAB, it was not checked against the NAB Presence Checker and was always considered as non-existing.
- Optimized processes related to the 'Modification Log Database' and the 'Switch ID' process.
- Optimized processes related to the 'Modification Log Database' and the 'Full Access Admin' process.
- Optimized code for 'Switch ID' processing.
- Improved Installation Database: Streamlined installation process.
- Added new Switch ID functionality. Available in the main menu.
- Added new Restriction Settings functionality: aclEZ can now be customized to define which functions are accessible/ inaccessible to the user.
- Added new Modification Log Database. It is now possible to enforce a log of all modifications made by aclEZ
- Added new "Modification Log Comment" option. This allows input of user comments (explain who did what in your own words)
- New NAB Checker functionality: Checks to see who is missing in the NAB. Red cells indicate members who are NOT in the NAB.
- New Remove Member from Groups: In the NAB Group Navigator (Tool menu) it is now possible to directly remove any member by right-clicking
- Added 2 new columns in Global Properties tab. One column to check the presence of Signer and one for Mail Owner.
- Added ability to view Effective Access for multiple selections in a grid panel
- The 'Export Flags & Roles' now possible via XML.
- XML export is now available in the Main Grid's Export menu.
- Added new Time and Date filters. ( Located in the filter options at the top of each grid column.)
- Added new Custom Formatting of both Cells and Groups. ( Located in the filter options at the top of each grid column.)
- Added new title-bar to help identify multiple open instances of aclEZ.
- Fixed a bug with Notes 9 where reading of the 'desktop.dsk' produced an error. This is now resolved.
- Menus have been optimized
- Added “Mail Owner” column in main grid
- Added ability to open aclEZ with a server in a partially loaded state. This works when the tool is launched from the Ytria toolbar in Notes if a database is open; also works when launching aclEZ from replicationEZ.
- Minor cosmetic and performance bugfixes.
- Updated Ytria XML engine to version 2.0; many changes and enhancements were added. Old Ytria XML files are not compatible with the new engine. Documentation will be available shortly
- Fixed bug in grid-type windows where 'Sort by Count' was using the number of visible items (when a column header filter was engaged) rather than the total number of items
- Enhanced grouped item counting feature in grid-type windows. Now when a column header filter is engaged, the number of visible items and total number of items in a grouping will both be displayed, separated by a slash character
- Added "Quick Search" (type to search) functionality to all grid-type windows
- Added ability to modify "Max Internet Name and Password"
- Added new "Copy as Application Link" right-click option in the main grid. This allows you to copy the application links of the database associated with any selected names in the main grid
- Added new "Copy as Document Link" right-click option in the NAB Group Navigator dialog. This allows you to copy any selected names or groups as document links
- Improved functionality of "Open", "Save", and "Export"-type dialogs
- Fixed sundry minor bugs related to cosmetics and performance
- Fixed bug where 'Group by Count' was case-sensitive and would sort some items incorrectly
- Changed name of 'Field Chooser' item in Grid-type windows to more accurate and descriptive 'Add columns to grid.'
- Fixed a bug in 'Export to File' where the status of checkboxes was shown incorrectly.
- Fixed issue where Modification Log databases stored outside of Notes data directory could sometimes not be found.
- Fixed a bug where a warning dialog requesting a restart could be shown in error.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using localized (Non-English) versions of the software.
- Sundry minor user interface improvements.
- Fixed a bug where the 'Show Effective Access' function could sometimes fail to calculate access for names on the local server
- Added new filters for searching NAB Group Navigator
- Added support for multiple NABs in NAB Group Navigator
- Added XML export right-click option in NAB Group Navigator tree view
- Added 'Last Signature - Time'; 'Last Signature - Signer'; and 'Last Signature - Certifier' columns in Global ACL Properties grid
- Fixed issue where ACL entries with 'No Access' right could have inaccurate flag information displayed in the grid
- Fixed minor product performance, usability, display and stability issues
- Added column freezing functionality in grid windows
- Added dialog for creating, setting, or unsetting the optional Modification Log database for Ytria tools
- Added new status indicators in grid for errors and modification confirmation
- Added 'Recent Servers' item to Server Menu
- Improved the Export functionality for grid windows; new options allow you to better customize how grouped information is displayed in exported files
- Added 'sort groupings by count' option for grid windows
- Improved window/dialog rendering to better accommodate different font sizes and foreign language localizations
- Improved grouping grid behavior: groupings are no longer collapsed automatically
- Added new Domino Designer on Eclipse integration
- Added change logging capabilities
- Improved Roles panel interface: Detailed 'Role Assignment by Name' information is now available
- Added 'Selected ACLs' panel: Lets you see the entire ACLs associated with names selected in the ACL Entries panel
- Improved graphical user interface: The software now distinguishes between Advanced templates (colored blue) and regular templates (green)
- Added a new notes.ini entry: YtriaUpdateFileName to handle potential Windows Vista/7 UAC issues
- Improved tracing capabilities
- Fixed pop-up issues for full version users
- Fixed aclEZ crash on exit
- Fixed warning message: Now appears after a failed Export ACL/Import ACL action
- Fixed copy and paste issue in grouping grid
- Fixed Teamstudio CIAO! compatibility regression
- Improved toolbar installation process and fixed minor toolbar issues
- Fixed editing issue: [-Default-] ACl entries can now be edited
- Fixed compatibility issues with Teamstudio CIAO! Edition 25
- Fixed minor display and usability issues
- Added the ability to save/load your current database selection using an XML file
- Added the ability to save/load your ACL entry selection using an XML file
- Added capability—right-click in Output panel—to export a list of database errors to an XML file; which can be re-opened (with another ID)
- Added keyboard modifier: Ctrl+aclEZ icon will open and focus on the currently selected database in the Notes client
- Added new ACL Entry Selection filter in tree panel (lets a user choose to display only certain types of ACL entries in grid)
- Added filtering capabilities using regular expressions in the NAB Group Navigator (on Group name or Members)
- Added a progress bar when copying (Ctrl+C) 5000+ rows in grid
- Improved regular expressions in filters (notifies the user of incorrect usage)
- Improved text filters in grid (now case insensitive)
- Improved grid text filter: Must now press enter to apply the filter (previously filtered in real-time and unnecessarily slowing down the grid)
- Improved ACL data reloading to ensure accurate agent data is displayed
- Improved grid copy and paste (ignores carriage return within a row of data)
- Grid column headers now included during a copy and paste
- Fixed minor bugs, product performance, usability, display and stability issues
- Fixed rare license key recognition issue
- Added new and improved terminology used in contextual menu on ACL entries and Roles
- Renamed and improved visibility of "Group By This Column" contextual menu item (used to toggle grouping of columns in a grid)
- Improved YtriaUpdate download process through the use of Amazon S3/CloudFront
- Improved error messages: Now includes the display of the active username
- Improved Export to: Add filename extension if not set
- Improved Export to: Use Windows Regional settings for item separator (rather than forcing a comma)
- Fixed bug: Can now create, copy, delete and change an ACL entry to [-Default-] (its type will be "Unspecified")
- Added 'Export ACL Flags and Roles to File...' to right-click menu (exports all ACL grid information and roles)
- Implemented Shift + Click for multiple check box selection in tree
- Implemented new right-click menu in ACL grid to de-select databases in tree
- Added new menu item: Maintain a list of your favorite servers
- Added option to set a comment to be used by Teamstudio CIAO during check in/check out process
- Fixed a random message from appearing (offering a full product evaluation)
- Improved ACL copying: When copying ACL entries, the state of the Roles are now copied
- Fixed other minor miscellaneous issues
- Improved product registration (specifically how Activation Codes are verified)
- Improved copy/move of documents to another database (and added option to group error causing documents to a new MySelection folder)
- Improved User Activity display: now uses grouping grid, displays all information including extended information (databases with ODS>=48)
- Improved product stability
- Prevent notes from appearing multiple times in a MySelection folder by verifying the uniqueness of the note
- Fixed a product launch issue from an encrypted USB key
- Fixed "Select All with Identical Displayed Titles" issue with empty tree elements
- Fixed date display issues
- Improved enable/disable role management on multiple databases
- Added date formatting capability to all grouping grids
- Improved and simplified product registration process
- Added column to display 'Inherit From'.
- Added error message when an ACL entry is found more then once.
- Added colour-coding scheme in database selection panel.
- Added F1 key for Online Help Documentation.
- Added new menu item in Help > Online Quick Start Guides (Printable).
- Improved YtriaUpdate process.
- Improved crash reporter.
- Improved listing of servers that can be selected.
- Improved product stability, and fixed some memory leaks.
- Replaces (YtriaServerNamesCN) Notes Environment Variable for server list with: YtriaServerNamesCNx.
- Fixed Ytria update bug which displayed popup even when product was up-to-date.
- Fixed potential crash and minor issues in grid.
- Fixed other minor miscellaneous issues.
- Fixed minor interface and display refresh issues.
- Fixed repeat ACL entry when deleting from "ACL Entry Presence" tab.
- Fixed ACL issue where a Person is treated as a Group.
- Fixed minor Full Access Administration issues.
- Roles are now limited to 15 characters.
- Added new "Effective Access" functionality.
- Added new "Import/Export ACL" functionality.
- Added renaming multiple ACL entries capability.
- Added multiple ACL history capability.
- Added capability to "remember" the last opened server.
- Implemented new grid to deal with large data sets.
- Improved and optimized database selection tree.
- Fixed "Password Options" bug issue when the user ID file is in a network (example: "\\server\path\user.id").
- Fixed product crash when Cancel button is pressed in a progress dialog box.
- Fixed bug: Incorrectly constructed URL, for "Open in NotesClient", if server has many OU (Organisation Unit), O (Organisation) and C (Country).
- Fixed bug: Server tree not working in R4.
- Fixed a potential crash resulting from "Proxy Settings" dialog box.
- Fixed a bug where a full/first level expand in the dialog box, has an effect on the main grid.
- Fixed a Group navigator bug (did not show when first opened).
- Fixed a bug When creating a new item in main grid and an expand option is being used (Access and Type are blank).
- New filtering system in grid windows.
- Added: Select tree now displays a database name in bold whenever an entry from it is selected in the ACL Entries panel.
- Added: Contexual menu item in any grid screens to remove any database from your selection.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur while exporting to file.
- Added localization capabilities.
- Added Full Access Administration option (Options > Full Access Administration).
- Added NAB Group Navigator.
- Implemented "sticky" options.
- Improved user interface for greater consistency and usability (re-mapping of shortcuts, improved menu, and contextual menu consistency in application).
- Fixed Group Expander problems.
- Automatically opens the Open Server dialog on start up (with the last opened server).
- Added access to ACL History logs.
- Added reload selected databases in main grid in right-click menu.
- Added the Apply button: This allows the user to select databases and retrieve data when ready.
- Added new Global ACL Properties tab for advanced properties including administration server info etc.
- Improved filter look and functionality.
- Improved registry writing and reading for Windows Vista.
- Improved Options menu items wording: 'Read Database Immediately upon Selection' or 'Read Database only when Apply Button is Clicked'
- Fixed saving of Regular Expressions: Asks user to replace the regular expression when the given label is already in use.
- Fixed crash when clicking on Status column in the Roles grid.
- Fixed copy and paste in the grid. Rows are now pasted in the order that they appear in the grid.
- Fixed 'UngroupAll' option in grouping grid (interfered with current sort).
- -Default- item in ACL is always forced to type "Unspecified".
- Added the Ctrl+C capability to grouping panel.
- Improved thread error detection.
- Fixed group expander bug (displayed as empty when the group had one element)