The Document Analyzer
The Document Analyzer in scanEZ reads the content of your database to help find specific information and anomalies that cannot be found by using @formula-searches.
Using the Document Analyzer
- Open the Document Analyzer from the toolbar button or from the menu: Tools > Documents Analyzer.
- The results will be displayed in a grid at the bottom of the screen along with the problem found.
Change screenshot --- Add Grid part with right click option and link to the column page.
- You can select any results and apply either the Add to New 'My Selection' or Add to Current 'My Selection' to put them in a My Selection folder.
List of all Document Analyzer filters
This tool offers several different filters for analyzing a database's documents. You can select any combination of these filters with checkboxes:
|Note||If your document meets the criteria for more than one issue, then it will appear more than once in your results.|
Document contains author field(s)
Document contains reader field(s)
Document contains multiple fields with the same name (excluding RichText and $File)
Document contains items with sign flags but is not signed: in other words, it's set up to be part of the signature hash
Document is signed
More information about Encryption can be found on this page.
Document contains items with encrypt flags but is not encrypted: in other words, it's set up to be part of an encryption
Document is encrypted with 'Secret Encryption Key(s)'
Document is encrypted with the 'Public Encryption Key' of one or more listed users
Document is encrypted with the 'Public Encryption Key' of an unlisted user
Document is NOT encrypted but one or more 'Public Encryption Keys' are listed
Document is NOT encrypted but one or more 'Secret Encryption Keys' are listed
Document has a responses, but response is missing
Document is a response, but parent is missing
Document is a response but is its own parent
Document is a response but parent is a phantom
Document is a Phantom Parent
Document is a response, but its parent doesn't know it
Document has $Conflict field, but no valid parent
Document is its own conflict
Sum of Summarized Item Data
Document's total summary data exceeds 20k
Document's total summary data exceeds 25k
Document's total summary data exceeds 30k
Document's total summary data exceeds 32k
| Tip ||In order to merge Text Fields or Number Fields of documents containing multiple fields with the same name:|
Use the Others button and select Merge Fields on the Diff screen.
| Tip ||When using the Document Analyzer to search for documents with missing parents (orphans) you may also want to know about any responses that belong to those orphan documents. |
Here's how you can find them:
- Add the orphan documents to a My Selection virtual folder.
- Select an orphan in the My Selection folder and right-click it.
- If this orphan document has any response you can add them to the selection in the contextual menu:
- Repeat this process to search for any orphans' descendants.