Minor and major improvements, bug fixes and new features introduced in the latest releases of actionBarEZ.
See a clear overview of what's new in the latest version.
- New - Automation tag functions have been expanded to include the following tags:
- Fixed – Compatibility with CIAO! has been restored.
- Fixed - Various stability fixes and enhancements have been implemented.
- New – Date filters in flexYgrid columns now contain new date selection picker module.
- New – NAB group and name exploration/selection panels ('Names') now offer additional information columns: 'Full Name', 'NoteID', and 'NAB Filename'.
- New – 'Export to File' feature now provides a default file name when exporting to any format.
- Fixed – Improvements to the EZ Suite installation database and process execution fix installation problems in which some users were unable to install due to target folder restrictions.
- Fixed - Stability enhancements have been added in the Ytria Update utility.
- Fixed – The latest LibXL architecture has been implemented for Excel file export.
- Fixed – flexYgrid panels have gotten general stability enhancements.
- Fixed – Various bug fixes in grid-data Copy (specifically Ctrl + C command) functions were made to remedy the following issues:
1- Erroneous text was displayed ("Exporting selection to file...") in progress dialog when using Ctrl+C in a grid with many rows selected.
2- A memory limitation problem was encountered using Ctrl+C to copy HTML parts to the clipboard.
- Fixed – An issue that occurred when exporting or copying grid data to HTML format resulted in settings of '<b> X </b>' for checked checkbox cells being returned as corrupt has been corrected.
- Fixed/New - Automation tag function fixes have been made for the following tags:
- List and Loop
- ShellExecute (in loop)
- Fixed – Various minor issues with Group and Sort actions on group totals within flexYgrid panels have been corrected.
- Fixed – An issue with the grid status bar summary information incorrectly showing group header row counts has been fixed.
- All products in EZ Suite 16.5 include major changes/improvements to automation language functions, as well as other cross-product enhancements. For more information please see the page "What's New in EZ Suite 16.5?"
- All products in EZ Suite 16 include numerous major changes/improvements, including a complete redesign of data handling/grid mechanics. For more information please see the page "What's New in EZ Suite 16?"
- New -Open Server dialog: Option to save server names in Notes.ini for future reference, as well as manage the list.
- Fixed - Now you can Switch ID or use Full Admin Access after trying to open a database without the proper access rights; single-database products (like scanEZ) will re-open the db, server products (like aclEZ) will keep the db in the tree to re-open.
- New - Show PNG when this file type is used as a resource by any Action.
- Fixed - Corrected details in the "Insert Image Resource" dialog. Showing image aliases did not list the special $DBIcon image.
- New - Vastly improved version of the Modification Log template.
- Fixed bug: Notes version for ODS 52 is now displayed correctly.
- Fixed bug: PNG image resources used in actions are now handled correctly.
- Fixed bug: Numbers with decimals are now handled correctly. (This was only an issue with version 12.0.5)
- Switch ID and Full Admin Access improved - now uses saved password.
- Optimized Grid Filter
- New server tree right-click menu item: 'Refresh'
- Fixed and improved Automation & Excel Export.
- URL created with https only when required
- Fixed bug when closing documents.
- Passthru Server type connections are now properly listed in Server list dialogues.
- Improved: 'Select a server' dialog
- New: 'Recent Server or DB' list is now case insensitive.
- Fixed: 'Create Folder' issue when adding a document to newly created folder.
- Fixed bug: Crash occurred only in IBM Notes 7 and older.
- Added ability to close the Help Center dialog with the 'Esc' key.
- Added new eXtensible Markup Language (XML) scripts to automate processes in the EZ Suite.
- Added new "Load Automation XML" feature option accessible from Server or Database menu.
- Updated java widgets to launch from IBM Notes and IBM Domino Designer.
- Improved standard Regular Expression (Regex) and Formula dialog boxes with Show History button and interface. Past Regex and formulas can be selected for use or they can be deleted from the History.
- Enhanced Open Database dialog box with Ctrl+F to find databases on selected servers, sticky display preferences (Title and/or File Name) and F3 key to find next matches.
- Added new distinguishable icon for redirection directories in the Selection Tree for easier identification.
- Added new Register by Email option for when internet is unavailable.
- Improved YtriaUpdate to handle Windows 7 UAC security restrictions.
- Enhanced Names dialog box with new options.
- Fixed bug: Optimized code for the grid.
- Fixed bug: Stored Password management available immediately upon initialization of your Notes Session.
- New Password option: You can now save an empty password for the currently used ID (In menu: Options/Password Options…).
- Fixed bug: Crashes occurred after some 'Switch ID' processes on IDs with different rights.
- Fixed bug: Product launched with YtriaLauncher now displays the complete server name.
- Fixed bug: Crash occurred when entering license key if selecting a database on which user had no rights.
- Improvement of dialog tabs display for screens with dpi larger than 96 pp (screen resolution > 100%).
- Optimized processes related to the 'Modification Log Database' and the 'Switch ID' process.
- Optimized processes related to the 'Modification Log Database' and the 'Full Access Admin' process.
- Improved Installation Database: Streamlined installation process.
- Added new Modification Log Database. It is now possible to enforce a log of all modifications made by actionbarEZ
- Added new "Modification Log Comment" option. This allows input of user comments (explain who did what in your own words)
- Added new Switch ID functionality. Available in the main menu.
- Added new Restriction Settings functionality: actionbarEZ can now be customized to define which functions are accessible/ inaccessible to the user.
- Added new title-bar to help identify multiple open instances of actionbarEZ.
- Fixed a bug with Notes 9 where reading of the 'desktop.dsk' produced an error. This is now resolved.
- Minor cosmetic and performance-related bugfixes.
- Updated Ytria XML engine to version 2.0; many changes and enhancements were added. Old Ytria XML files are not compatible with the new engine. Documentation will be available shortly
- Fixed bug in grid-type windows where 'Sort by Count' was using the number of visible items (when a column header filter was engaged) rather than the total number of items
- Enhanced grouped item counting feature in grid-type windows. Now when a column header filter is engaged, the number of visible items and total number of items in a grouping will both be displayed, separated by a slash character
- Added "Quick Search" (type to search) functionality to all grid-type windows Improved functionality of "Open", "Save", and "Export"-type dialogs.
- Added "Copy as Application Link" which will copy the currently loaded database's application link to the clipboard. This feature is located in the Database menu
- Fixed sundry minor bugs related to cosmetics and performance
- Fixed issue where Modification Log databases stored outside of Notes data directory could sometimes not be found
- Fixed a bug where a warning dialog requesting a restart could be shown in error.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using localized (Non-English) versions of the software
- Sundry minor user interface improvements
- Added dialog for creating, setting, or unsetting the optional Modification Log database for Ytria tools
- Added 'Recent Databases' item to Database Menu
- Added new keyboard shortcuts related to hiding columns in Actions dialog
- Improved window/dialog rendering to better accommodate different font sizes and foreign language localizations
- Fixed minor product performance, usability, display and stability issues
- Added right-click menu option to hide selected design elements in the Actions window
- Added change logging capabilities
- Added new Ctrl+O keyboard shortcut for quickly switching databases.
- Added new Domino Designer integration: includes the ability to select specific design elements in the Designer client and open them directly in actionBarEZ
- Added a new notes.ini entry: YtriaUpdateFileName to handle potential Windows Vista/7 UAC issues
- Improved tracing capabilities
- Fixed pop-up issues for full version users
- Fixed Teamstudio CIAO! compatibility regression
- Improved dialog box display of new System Action property types (previously shown as unknown)
- Improved toolbar installation process and fixed minor toolbar issues
- Fixed compatibility issues with Teamstudio CIAO! Edition 25
- Fixed minor display and usability issues
- Fixed rare license key recognition issue
- Added ability to set an icon for Checkbox and Menu Separator type actions
- Added ability to toggle icon display option: Options > Display > Use special icons for Checkbox and Menu Separator type actions
- Improved YtriaUpdate download process through the use of Amazon S3/CloudFront
- Improved error messages: Now includes the display of the active username
- Fixed bug when editing icons for Checkbox and Menu Separator type actions
- Fixed a bug when setting multiple actions to "Checkbox" type
- Fixed bug: Action bar button background colour value may be incorrectly set in specific cases
- Fixed "Always show drop down" action bar flag option (was incorrectly set when multiple action bars are selected)
- Added 'Inherited Design' filter option for selection tree
- Implemented Shift + Click for multiple check box selection in tree
- Added new menu item: Maintain a list of your favorite databases
- Added option to set a comment to be used by Teamstudio CIAO during check in/check out process
- Fixed a random message from appearing (offering a full product evaluation)
- Fixed other minor miscellaneous issues
- Fixed a product launch issue from an encrypted USB key
- Improved product registration (specifically how Activation Codes are verified)
- Improved and simplified product registration process
- Added F1 key for Online Help Documentation.
- Added new menu item in Help > Online Quick Start Guides (Printable).
- Improved YtriaUpdate process.
- Improved crash reporter.
- Improved listing of servers that can be selected.
- Improved product stability.
- Replaces (YtriaServerNamesCN) Notes Environment Variable for server list with: YtriaServerNamesCNx.
- Fixed Ytria update bug which displayed popup even when product was up-to-date.
- Fixed potential crash and minor issues in grid.
- Fixed other minor miscellaneous issues.
- Fixed minor interface and display refresh issues.
- Fixed pasting action issue (no properties in the new action)
- Fixed missing formula bug after copying/pasting an action.
- Fixed action properties selection dialog box bug.
- Fixed icon selection bug (when Auto-apply is used).
- Fixed icon display bug in the Action instead of the selected icon (in "Action Info" tab).
- Fixed specific properties bug (when Auto-Apply is on).
- Fixed action properties dialog box display issues.
- Added capability to "remember" the last opened server.
- Fixed "Password Options" bug issue when the user ID file is in a network (example: "\\server\path\user.id").
- Fixed product crash when Cancel button is pressed in a progress dialog box.
- Fixed focus issues related to Formula Editor.
- Actions and ActionBars buttons are disabled/grayed if no design is selected.
- Teamstudio CIAO!: The name of product is now set as default comment (instead of an empty comment).
- Fixed a potential crash resulting from "Proxy Settings" dialog box.
- Fixed a bug on databases without a "Designs Collection".
- Fixed "Open Database With" feature, and now opens with the currently opened database.
- Added localization capabilities.
- Added Full Access Administration option (Options > Full Access Administration).
- Improved user interface for greater consistency and usability (re-mapping of shortcuts, improved menu, and contextual menu consistency in application).
- Implemented the "Call from Windows Explorer" feature (Open With).
- All R8 action properties are managed.
- Fixed communication and license key issues in the Ytria registration system.
- Fixed a regression, so that there is no longer a single '|' at the end of the design element names.
- Improved registry writing and reading for Windows Vista.
- Fixed modifications on shared actions when using actionBarEZ; changes caused Designer to crash.
- Fixed a bug. In some cases, entering a formula with 'return' in the formula control and the 'OK' button is clicked, the formula no longer had these returns in the affected control.
- Fixed a regression in Column Properties dialog: Empty formula were considered invalid.
- Fixed a (rare) crash when reading all the database names when the user input the name of a server manually ("Open Database" dialog).
- Added inter-product launch feature is now available: “Database > Open database with…”.
- Added "Options > Display > Display Shared Actions by Title".
- Added the Ctrl+C capability to grouping panel.
- Improved thread error detection.
- Improved management of many SharedActions Designs in the database.
- Improved "Actions > mouse menu > Link to Shared Action..." window.
- Implemented formula editor features in all formula boxes.
- Added ‘Database> Themes > Reset to Default…’ menu item.
- Fixed crash when drag and dropping any Action to the SharedAction column, if the database has never had a SharedAction before.
- Fixed a refresh issue (occurred when actions property box is opened)
- Fixed a refresh bug when propagating SharedAction(s).
- Added a "Select All" function.
- Added a regular expression history. You can now re-use the last 100 valid regular expressions you entered.
- Added a regular expression save function.
- Added a new option for CIAO! users to keep notes checked out.
- Implemented a new, more user-friendly registration process.
- Fixed a memory leak.
- Fixed an issue with licence validation.
- Installation Database: fixed an issue with Toolbar installation. Added 2 new support item in Action menu regarding Toolbar management.
- Implemented a "Database > Refresh Database [Ctrl+F9]" feature to reload/refresh the list of design elements.
- Implemented formatting of the design elements title in the selection tree. This option is available from the "Options > Customize Design Element Display" menu
- Implemented multiple IDs login support without having to resave the associated password each time
- Implemented selection of design elements by regular expression
- Fixed an issue where modified properties of action bars were not correctly saved.
- Fixed an issue regarding the display of Image ressources from current database or else
- Fixed some issue in the management of the "- No Change -" situation for some properties
- Fixed crash handling dump files after Unicode transformation
- Implemented Unicode Standard
- Implemented updated interface for a new "look and feel"
- Implemented new "Themes" capability to change the look of the interface
- Added preview of remote images in properties dialog box
- Added display of remote images in Actions grid
- Improved selecting an Address Book: list of servers/Address Books are available (can set/unset default AddressBook server for Ytria products)
- Fixed SharedActions in SubMenu bug (may create unwanted submenu when saving changes)
- Actions menu "Make it Shared" and "Unshare" options are both available (instead of just one)
- Fixed a bug when reading all design elements in a database on a R5.0.8 (and below) server
- Introduced new "roaming license" capability
- Fixed a signature corruption that can only be seen by the Designer
- Improve the "resource/image" dialog box, and activated the "database selection" button
- Fixed selection problem that prevented action property changes when Auto-apply is enabled (sometimes not save changes and not update window)
- Fixed the initialization of CIAO! when its configuration path contains a '!' character
- Fixed potential loss of submenu label after dragging an Action to the first submenu slot
- Optimized "Open Database" dialog box
- Fixed the management of "duplicate" cells in Shared Actions tab
- Added some drop down menus (fields and formulas) when editing action formulas
- Fixed bug: Action labels removed when an Action or ActionBar is modified
- Fixed bug: Action's Label are not read when Label is a @ formula
- Fixed bug: License key becomes "invalid" when cancelling a "Check for Update"
- Fixed 5.0 regression: Will no longer unshare/delete a shared action when moving a shared action to another Action Bar (another actionBarEZ instance)
- Fixed password prompt (DOS window) when CIAO is installed and its database is on a remote server
- Fixed setting the "Button Font" color to "System", it was never applied and the Designer always read it as RGB color
- Lotus Notes and Domino 7 compliant
- Copy actions between different actionBarEZ (i.e. databases) is now available
- New selection filter for design elements
- Introduced "Auto-Apply" ability when editing Action properties
- Introduced shared action index
- New crash reporting capability (crash log)
- Improved “Select a Design” (design template can now be selected from another database)
- Improved and more intuitive controls in action grid (user friendly)
- Improved submenu handling and management
- Improved column resizing usability
- Improved mass column resizing (while holding down CTRL)
- Improved “Propagate Shared Action” feature (can now select only one Shared Action)
- Fixed deletion of multiple actions
- Fixed the "Options -> Color Scheme -> Has been modified" menu
- Fixed the "Options -> Text to Display -> Hide From" menu, now displays the "Web", "Notes" or "Mobile"
- Fixed potential crash when using the "Read Private Design Elements (Views and Folders)" option on a database (when it's on a Domino 4.6 server); only design elements are shown
- Fixed proxy settings problems and the connection test in the "Proxy Settings" dialog box
- Introduced ability to select a design element as a template for the action bar properties
- Improved the management of proxy settings
- Fixed color selector panel, now always fully displayed
- Installation for Notes Beta 7 is now available
- Vastly improved read and insertion performance
- Introduced automatic on-line software update for installing the latest software releases from Ytria
- Administrative access to a PC no longer needed for installation
- Fixed potential installation errors
- Fixed empty alias problem
- Fixed potential problem with action formulas from disappearing when removing icons
- Fixed icon management bug, which prevents icons from disappearing
- Ability to select order of design elements in actions viewing grid
- Ability to load only R4 actions (useful for transitions between R4 and up)
- Fixed background image problem